Monday, October 3, 2011

My first Kahiko Hula Lesson with Lopaka!


Aloha everybody. 
This is will me my Blog connected to my Hau'Oli Hula HP. http://www.hauolihula.com/index.html and this will be my first time to write down about my time in Hula and Tahitian and Japan.
I am not a good writer if you will think of my as a good dancer and choreographer.
I will try my best for me to have a nice communication and connection to all of you!


Yesterday was my first Kahiko lesson I took in Japan with  Lopaka  Kaumakaiwa Kanakaole the genious KUMU in the generation today! And this is the 2nd lesson for one year schedule.
I was happy to have my Kahiko Chanting and Noho Hula/ Hula Kuolo (sitting hula) with Ipu Heke.
'Oli about the battle with Ka'uauhelemoa = Kakuhihewa.
The chant is Pa Ka Makani 


I want to have this Kahiko in my Halau Kahiko performance. 
This will be hard and burning muscles in legs because this suggest to dance sitting and chanting but I am willing to try my best for the Halau. 


Yesterday  October 2nd was our Workshop with Kumu Uluwehi its been a long time to share time again.
We enjoyed the lesson too talking about Queen Kapiolani.


Mahalo Nui Loa,


Arlene





1 comment:

  1. I had a terrible pain in both thigh. But I am still can walk but really painful when going doin and sitting on the floor..

    ReplyDelete