Sunday, October 2, 2011

Workshop with Kumu Uluwehi Oct 2nd 2011



   When we woke up in the morning it was so cold and cloudy outside. I skipped watering my garden... thought that it will rain. I was too busy to go out and need to check the workshops members and prepare for the prints and name seals. I asked Wolfgang to meet Kumu and Pono and will follow them later at Shichirigahama. I need to do plenty of preparations.  I took a hot bath massage my shoulder and leg muscles to have comfortable body. It helped me a little but still have a stiff neck from the back of my shoulder. I arrived at the Double Doors coffee shop and had a warm sunny beach.... weather channel change and really makes me feel warm. I left them cause I need to check my students and make sure that  my students are all arrived and preparing themselves, I lined them up and before 15 minutes before 1PM they arrived.
Its a very nice story of Queen Kapiolani...telling about the love of Hawaiian people to the Queen and respect her as the highest chief of Hawaii. The Lei in the story stands for the people who loves the Queen.

The hula kahiko was really nice soft chant  melody.
My students enjoyed the Kahiko and really had a good time.
After that 2 of my students join us to eat at Irori Rin and we had the seasonal Sanma fish and Sashimi. We talked about the Karaoke and visit the place for an hour and PAU for the day.
It was really a nice day and went to bed straight to sleep.



After the lesson Kumu telling to everybody how hard we work in our Halau and this is in the blood of Pinoy.











                              







No comments:

Post a Comment